Temporary Work Visas (457 & 400)
Australia 457 Visa
457 Australian Work Visas are for employers who would like to sponsor an overseas employee for a visa to work in Australia for between 1 day and 4 years (457 Australia working visa).
There are 3 stages to complete for a work visa to be granted to an oversea employee. Sponsorship The Australian Employer gets approval as a business sponsor. The Employer must provide details on their business, benefit of employing an overseas employee, and demonstrate their commitment to training Australian residents etc.
The employer nominates each position that they would like to fill with an overseas employee (457 visa holder). The occupation must meet certain skill thresholds and must be remunerated at a specified level.
457 Working Visa Application
The prospective employee applies for Australia 457 visa (temporary working visa) to enter or to remain in Australia. The visa applicant may need to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills to match the nominated position. The visa applicant will also need to maintain medical insurance during the visa validity period. With sponsored employment, the Employer has certain obligations to abide by.
Some of these working visa requirements or obligations are listed below: -
- Obligation to cooperate with inspectors
- Obligation to ensure equivalent terms and conditions of employment
- Obligation to pay travel costs to enable sponsored persons to leave Australia
- Obligation to pay costs incurred by the Commonwealth to locate and remove unlawful non-citizen
- Obligation to keep records
- Obligation to provide records and information to the Minister
- Obligation to provide information to Immigration when certain events occur
- Obligation to ensure primary sponsored person does not work in an occupation other than an approved occupation
- Obligation not to recover certain costs from a primary sponsored person or secondary sponsored person.
Australia 400 Business Visa
The Australia 400 Visa is a Temporary Work visa and is suitable for people who would like to travel to Australia for up to three months to either do:
- highly specialised non-ongoing work or
- participate in social or cultural activities at the invitation of an organisation in Australia or
- participate in an activity or work relating to Australia's interests.
You must be outside Australia when you apply for this visa and when the application is decided and must arrive within three months of the date the visa is granted.
The Australia 400 Business Visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to the three month validity of your visa and you can bring your family with you to Australia if they have been included in the visa application.
Requirements for the Australia 400 Business Visa
To be eligible for the Australia 400 Business Visa you are required to have specialised skills such as experience or knowledge that will assist Australian business, are required in Australia for exceptional circumstances of national importance (e.g. to assist following a natural disaster), or have been invited to participate in an event by an Australian organisation.
Contact us to arrange a consultation to discuss your Family visa requirements. Please note that we do charge a nominal fee for a consultation.
* Required information.